Going on a ski holiday? You have packed your snowboard or skis, packed your toothbrush and Beanie. But did you remember your ski travel insurance?
Ski travel insurance is no longer a gimmick. It forms a vital part of a successful ski holiday and you should never leave home without it. It takes care of things beyond your control, which could a ruin a holiday and cost you a small fortune, all for a nominal cost.
Some reasons you may need ski travel insurance include:
- Your flight is canceled
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
- You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
- Your airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
- You have a medical emergency in a foreign country.
- All ski resorts are closed for the duration of the trip
- You damage your ski hire gear
Plus many more…..
In years gone by, airlines would take care of passengers when there was a cancellation or delay, but unfortunately those days are long gone and stranded passengers are left to fend for themselves. Ski travel insurance solves all these problems plus more, in most cases for under AU$100.
Many different scenarios haunt a ski traveler, but there is no reason a small hiccup should affect the remainder of your snow holiday. Ski travel insurance is the simple solution. There is no way to prevent all problems arising, but at least with ski travel insurance you will not be left to fend on your own.
There are many companies out there selling Ski travel insurance and making a decision on which one will provide you with the best cover and value for money can be difficult and time consuming. But choosing the right one can make a big difference if things should go wrong, not only on your wallet but more importantly, with you.
So check out your option, get covered and stay safe.